CASC 2004 CASC 2004
Visa Information


At the moment, citizens of many countries need a visa to enter Russia. There are many tourist agencies in every country readily selling tourist visas to Russia. There is also a possibility to obtain your visa invitation via the Euler Institute.

Please note that it may take some time to obtain a visa. Thus, we strongly recommend that you apply at least 1.5-2 months in advance.

If you would like to have your visa invitation processed by the Euler Institute (a document to be presented at a Russian Consulate), please read the instructions below.

There are two kinds of visas you may wish to apply for. A tourist visa is quicker to make. However, we heard that some travel grants do not reimburse for tourist visas. In this case you will definitely need a business visa.

  1. Fill in the registration form at if you have not done so.
  2. Upon receiving your registration form as well as the registration forms of your accompanying persons the Euler Institute applies to the Ministry of Internal Affairs for your Invitation to visit Russia.
  3. A month later (in case of a business visa) or a week later (in case of a tourist visa) an invitation is issued.
  4. We send you the invitation by fax (however we know that several Russian Consulates accept only the original paper versions of the invitation. In this case we post it to you).
  5. You go to the Russian Consulate which you mentioned in your visa form and apply for a Russian visa.