Oleg Viro's home page
Uppsala University scandal
- In the invitation letters to the meetings with the rector,
the two professors were called for discussing of the present situation
at the Mathematics Department, so the agenda was formulated
misleadingly. This prevented the professors from consultations with
their lawyers or representatives of Trade Union.
- The rector suggested a large severance payment.
- The proposed severance payment depended on the time of resignation.
It was higher in the case of
the immediate resignation than in the case of resignation during a
- No documents providing evidence against the professors
have been presented, although
in words the rector accused them in virtually all possible and
impossible misdoings (see the transcript). The accusations were not able
to withstand a slightest criticism. During the subsequent discussion in
media each of the accustions has been eventulally taken back.
- The professors were not allowed to defend themselves.
- The style of the meetings with the rector was outrageous, see