Philosophy, Mathematics, Linguistics: Aspects of Interaction 2014 (PhML-2014)
International interdisciplinary conference, April 21–25, 2014, St. Petersburg, Russia
Call for Papers
For presentation at thematic sessions, the conference invites the submission of contributed papers on original and unpublished research relating to the interplay between philosophy, mathematics and linguistics. Each presentation of a contributed paper is allotted 25 min, including 5 min for questions. Papers from any tradition and from a wide variety of perspectives are welcome, including but in no way limited to the following topics:
- New trends in the foundations of mathematics;
- Complexity in mathematics, logic, linguistics;
- Ontology of mathematics and the nature of mathematical truth;
- The problem of abstract entities in mathematics, philosophy and linguistics;
- Philosophical aspects of informatics, novel computational models and paradigms;
- Philosophy of mathematics and philosophy of logic;
- Mathematical investigation of natural language structures.
Since we intend to promote interdisciplinary joint work, we especially welcome studies that cross disciplinary boundaries and consider different aspects of philosophy, mathematics, and linguistics in interaction.
Presentations of contributed papers are organized into sections:
- Philosophical Insights into logic and mathematics;
- Mathematical and logical methods in philosophy and in sciences of language.
Deadline for submissions: March 1st, 2014.
Complete submission guidelines can be found here: http://www.pdmi.ras.ru/EIMI/2014/PhML/index_files/submission.html