"The Algebra and Geometry around Knots and Braids"
St.Petersburg, Euler Institute, September 10--14, 2007.
Poncelet Laboratory (Moscow), PDMI (St.-Petersburg),
Grant ACI "Noeuds et Tresses" (leaders S.Nechaev, A.Sossinsky),
RFBF French-Russian grant (leaders: A.Sossinsky, P.Dehornoy).
P.Dehornoy, S.Lando, J.Mairesse, S.Matveev, A.Skopenkov, A.Vershik.
A.Sossinsky, S.Duzhin, E.Novikova.
List of participants
- Petr Akhmetiev (IZMIRAN, Russia)
- Lev Birbrair (UFC, Brazil)
- Xavier Bressaud (Luminy, France)
- Vladimir Chernov (Dartmouth, US)
- Sergei Chmutov (Ohio State, US)
- Diarmuid Crowley (Uni-Bonn, Germany)
- Patrick Dehornoy (Caen, France)
- Sergei Duzhin (PDMI, Russia)
- Ivan Dynnikov (Moscow Univ, Russia)
- Vladimir Fock (ITEP, Russia)
- Alexander Gaifullin (Moscow Univ, Russia)
- Elena Glushak (SPb, Russia)
- Nikita Kalinin (SPbSU)
- Maxim Karev (PDMI, Russia)
- Oleg Karpenkov (MCCME, Russia)
- Gleb Koshevoy (CEMI, Russia)
- Vladimir Kotov (SPbSU)
- Sergei Lando (MCCME, Russia)
- Jean Mairesse (Paris-7, France)
- Andrei Malyutin (PDMI, Russia)
- Sergei Matveev (Chelyabinsk Univ, Russia)
- Vadim Meshkov (SPbSPU, Russia)
- Jacob Mostovoy (UNAM, Mexico)
- Alexander Omelchenko (SPbSPU, Russia)
- Leonid Plakhta (Lviv, Ukraine -- Gdansk, Poland)
- Arkadi Skopenkov (Moscow Univ, Russia)
- Mikhail Skopenkov (Moscow Univ, Russia)
- Alexei Sossinsky (MCCME, Russia)
- Anatoly Vershik (PDMI, Russia)
- Vladimir Vershinin (Novosibirsk--Montpelier)
- Pasquale Anthony Zito (?--Poncelet Lab)
September 10,11,13,14: working days.
September 10: welcome party.
September 12: excursions; banquet.
- 15:30. (For the French participants). Visit to the Academic Center
(Universitetskaya naberezhnaya 5).
- 16:00--17:00. An Euler excursion to the Kunstkammer (where he lived and
worked during a certain period). Address: Universitetskaya naberezhnaya 3.
- 18:00--21:00. Boat trip with banquet. Boarding at Zimnyaya kanavka
(near the Hermitage). Disembarkment at Fontanka 27.
Transportation and topography:
From Pulkovo airport minibus no. 3 will take you to metro
station "Moskovskaya" in about 15 minutes for 15 rubles.
Do not use taxies that are waiting at the taxi stand: they ask triple price.
Call 058 or 068 instead:
these are honest companies, they will take you, say, to Anichkov bridge for
about 500 rubles. Foreign participants will be met
at the airport. Here are addresses and maps:
During the 4 working days, lunch will be organized in a restaurant
near the Euler institute. It will be free for all registered participants
(i.e. those who are in the above list).