16th Summer St. Petersburg Meeting in Mathematical Analysis
June25-30, 2007 Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Satellite Meeting for
Festival dedicated to 300th birthday of Leonhard EULER
1. LOCATIONThe conference will be held at the Euler Institute (St. Petersburg, Pesochnaya nab., 10). The place is near the river Malaya Nevka, at equal distances (15-20 min. on foot) from the metro stations "Petrogradskaya" and "Chernaya Rechka". Look at our metro scheme at
and find the mark "X" on the map at
A picture of the EIMI is available at
2. ACCOMMODATIONFor the participants who asked for this in the registration form, rooms have been reserved at the hotel Nord or at the hotel Nayka.
The NORD Hotel:
Visa and Master cards are accepted.
The NAUKA hotel:
3. TRANSPORTATIONIf you arrive by plane, please, give the details of your arrival (company, flight, scheduled time, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we could pick you up at the "Pulkovo" international airport. (Look for the poster "Euler International Mathematical Institute" or "Euler Congress"). Alternatively, you may take bus no.13 at "Pulkovo" international terminal, bus no.39 at the domestic terminal, or any minibus which will bring you to the metro station "Moskovskaya". It takes about 30 minutes to reach the stations "Petrogradskaya" or "Chernaya Rechka" (by a direct train). From both stations you may take bus no. 1 or 46 or trolley-bus no.34 that goes to Pesochnaya Naberezhnaya (two stops), or minibuses no. 46, 76, 127, 252, 298, 346, and 321 (you should ask to stop before the Kamennoostrovskii most(bridge) if you go from "Petrogradskaya"). CIS-participants who come by train may easily use metro - every railway station has a nearby metro station.
4. REGISTRATION AND FEESRegistration desk will be open on June 25 at the Euler Institute from 9:30. The conference will open at 10:30. The participants who plan to arrive later may register during the breaks. The registration fee is 40 Euro per participant. For the participants from the CIS countries the fee is covered by the Organizing Committee. The other participants should pay the fee at the registration desk in cash. If the Euler Institute provided authorized invitation letters for participants and accompanying persons, an additional fee of 20 Euro per person should be paid. In all other cases there is no fee for accompanying persons.
5. MEALSLunches (at about 13:30) will be served for the participants at the restaurant of the Andersen Hotel (Chapygina street, 4) at a walking distance from the Euler Institute, please find the hotel on the map at http://www.pdmi.ras.ru/EIMI/pictures/map.jpg ).
Coffee and tea will be available at the Euler Institute (free of charge).
6. LECTURESThere will be, presumably, three 45-minute lectures from 10:00 to 13:00 in the morning, and six 20-minute talks from 15:00 to 18:00 in the afternoon. A poster session will be organized on Friday, June 29. The preliminary schedule of lectures is as follows.
7. EXCURSIONSOn Thursday, June 28 there will be no lectures. A boat trip and the Euler excursion are planned.
8. MONEYEuros and US dollars are exchanged by all exchange offices; however, other currencies may cause some difficulties (bad rate or no bank to exchange). Now the average rate is 34.50 RBL for 1 euro and 25.50 RBL for 1 USD. Personal and Traveller's checks, as well as credit cards, are usually accepted at all major banks in the city. Be sure TO AVOID exchanging your currency NEAR exchange offices.
9. WEATHERThe weather is variable. The average temperature in June is about 18C. So, usually it is about 20C during the day. It may be rainy. 10. SOME PHONE NUMBERS Here are some phone numbers to be used if you feel that you are lost upon arrival, or in case of other difficulties:
EIMI: Pesochnaya naberezhnaya, 10.
POMI: naberezhnaya reki Fontanki, 27
323 59 03 Vasily Vasyunin (home)