To be held on 17, 18 November, the pre-conference Workshop will begin by a mini-course of lectures by Friederike Moltmann (IHPST, Paris) and Graham Priest (CUNY Graduate Center/Arché), which is entitled as Existence, Nonexistence, and Numbers and intended to discuss the linguistic form of existence statements, the logics of existence and nonexistence and the particular question of the existence or nonexistence of numbers, including the following topics:
- Is existence a predicate?
- The variety of existential constructions;
- Existence and quantifiers;
- The logic of existence and quantification;
- Historical attitudes to non-existent objects in philosophy and logic;
- Existence and identity;
- Properties of non-existent objects;
- Intentionality and possibly non-existent objects;
- Fictional objects.